Tuesday, September 8, 2009

091221: batch 2006

recall that each time i see you
i dare not blink an eye--
for fear that when i do
you will be out of sight.

recall that each word that you speak
haunts me in sad refrain--
i hear it whispered by the breeze
amidst the falling rain.

recall that when you pass me by
as though i don't exist--
makes me ask just what went wrong
what sins did i commit?

recall that when you glance my way
my heart goes overdrive--
you breathe existence to my world
you make me come alive!

recall that when you said the words
that poignant "goodbye."
you took the sunshine from my sky
can't even ask you , "why?"

moments we had , i'll not forget
come winter, spring or fall--
you brought all summers to my life
and that, I DO RECALL.


march 2006
betania retreat house

No comments:

Post a Comment